Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NVASM?

This topic is 5576 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

According to NVidia, they are supposed to work on any DX 8.x+/OpenGL 1.2(?)+ platform. Personally, I can''t get the Cg demos to work at all - only two of the demos in the browser actually work. Of course, I only use a lowly TNT2 Pro card on my system ;(

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Jim Adams
According to NVidia, they are supposed to work on any DX 8.x+/OpenGL 1.2(?)+ platform. Personally, I can''t get the Cg demos to work at all - only two of the demos in the browser actually work. Of course, I only use a lowly TNT2 Pro card on my system ;(

Well then that would be your problem. Vertex shaders can be simulated in software while the pixel shaders can''t be. So any cg shader that uses either pixel shaders or a combination of the two won''t work propperly on a TNT2 card.

quote:

Of course, I only use a lowly TNT2 Pro card on my system ;(

Well then that would be your problem. Vertex shaders can be simulated in software while the pixel shaders can''t be.

That''s the cynicism stating I know they wouldn''t work on my card. I know the vertex shaders are emulated, but the problem is that none of the demos work - even those that only use vertex shaders (no pixel shaders). Trying to compile any of the NVidia sample usually bombs out or none of the programs work.

I think it''s funny on NVidia''s page, they state that their demos would work on any card, yet in the fine print they say most of the demos work only on GeForce series cards.