• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burgc002

Problem with a simple traingle list....

This topic is 5765 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using Jim''s RPG book and I was trying to just put a simple quad on the screen. Well I''m not sure what I did wrong but, the window displayed alternating green and pink bars. I am new with DX8.1 so I''m not sure what type of prob this is. If someone has some insight into what the problem might be I would appreciate it. A lil back ground......I am using 2d coords (D3DFVF_XYZRHW)and its a triangle list with 4 vertices. I set up the vb and the stream and shader. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Man I feel so stupid...the problem was I was using a triangle list instead of a triangle strip!!!!
So problem solved hehe, looks like I need to re-read eh?

Thanks anyway

quote:
Original post by burgc002
Man I feel so stupid...the problem was I was using a triangle list instead of a triangle strip!!!!
So problem solved hehe, looks like I need to re-read eh?

Thanks anyway

sure thing, glad we could help ..

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!