Help with anjuta

Started by
2 comments, last by tordyvel 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi! I''m not good at unix at all, but I would like to install anjuta in scool where we have nothing but unxicomputers. We''re using SunOS 5.8. Is it possible to install anjuta on these systems? If it is possible... how do I install it? Thanks
Advertisement
If you'r on school machine, I think you should contact admins to install it. Not sure though

There are installation instruction at http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/

# From Tarball:
Note:- The package used as an example is named anjuta-0.1.1.tar.gz and '#' is the shell prompt. You must be logged in as root to install Anjuta.
    1) Get the tarball anjuta-0.1.1.tar.gz    2) copy it to your home dir.    3) Unzip it by typing: #gunzip anjuta-0.1.1.tar.gz    4) Extract it by typing: #tar -xvf anjuta-0.1.1.tar    5) Change dir: #cd anjuta-0.1.1    6) Type: #./configue    7) Type: #make    8) Type: #make install  

To install you'll need the root password.

edit more:
But I don't know if it can be installed on those systems

-----------
RacingTreme - for fun multiplayer racing:
http://users.utu.fi/stkibr
Coming soon...

[edited by - stefu on September 11, 2002 11:03:25 AM]
quote:Original post by tordyvel
Hi! I''m not good at unix at all, but I would like to install anjuta in scool where we have nothing but unxicomputers. We''re using SunOS 5.8. Is it possible to install anjuta on these systems?
If it is possible... how do I install it?
Thanks

Actually, you have to make sure that it is possible to compile anjuta for that SunOS. I''m not sure. As for what the poster before me said, the steps seem to be OK except for the shell prompt, it should probably be a $ if you''re not an admin. If you''re an admin then it will be #. Other than that, follow the steps. Visit Anjuta''s web site for more information.

find your element
at mutedfaith.com.
<º>

Cyberdrek

[Cyberdrek | ]
Well I just found out that anjuta is already installed but it seems very buggy. Crashes all the time.
Well now I have another problem... It wont build my openGl apps. It compiles fine but when I want to build my app it sais:

Id: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to testapp.

There is no help installed and I don''t really know what it means. :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement