Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devicelist

This topic is 5573 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m confused... When you create your displaymode list you should create one for each adapter... Build a list of all available resolutions, but do you have to check if the adapter also supports alpha blending or is a HAL device for each display mode, if it does support HAL will the adapter not support HAL in all different displaymodes then like 640x480x16,800x600x16,640x480x32,... ? Must I check each display mode if it does support HAL.... support alpha blending and everything?

"Must I check each display mode if it does support HAL...."

You''re thinking of it the wrong way round, what you''re checking for is "whether that HAL supports each display mode".

D3D is capable of all screen modes.

Your graphics chip may only be capable of a subset of those. For example an old graphics chip may not allow modes of greater than 1024x768.

Your monitor may only be capable of an even smaller subset of those screen modes.

So that call checks whether the mode will work on the *current* connected monitor AND graphics card.

Some chips can do 2D in all modes, but can''t do 3D in those modes. For example the Matrox G400 supports 24bit modes as well as the usual 16 and 32bit - however the G400 can''t render 3D in 24bit mode...

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com