ColorKey and ID3DXSPRITE interface

Started by
4 comments, last by sakic 21 years, 7 months ago
I''m using DX8.0 to do a 2d game and I''m using the ID3DXSPRITE interface to draw sprites. I used to load the textures with D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx and all worked fine. The problem arises with animated sprites: After I saved the frames on one bitmap I followed these steps: 1)Create a Surface with IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface. 2)Load the bitmap on the surface with D3DXLoadSurfaceFromFile. 3)Create a texture for each frame on the image with D3DXCreateTexture. 4)Retrieve the surface of the texture with GetSurfaceLevel and copy part of the big surface to this surface using IDirect3DDevice8::CopyRects. This works, but I''ve lost the ColorKey capabilities, that D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx offered! The problem is that D3DXCreateTexture doesn''t give the possibility to specify a D3DCOLOR ColorKey.. Is there any way to solve this problem with ID3DXSPRITE or do I have to abandon this interface? Thanks for any help!
Unlimited2 Website:HereE-mail: [email=unlimited2@tin.it]unlimited2@tin.it[/email]
Advertisement
After loading the texture, you can lock it, and your program can manually set the alpha of all color-keyed texels to 0.0.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Just keep as a single texture and use the source rectangle parameter in ID3DXSprite::Draw to specify the frame of animation.
Thanks!

I''ll try with ID3DXSprite::Draw to change the source rectangle!

Sneftel:After locking the texure how can I change alpha of all color-keyed texels to 0.0?
Unlimited2 Website:HereE-mail: [email=unlimited2@tin.it]unlimited2@tin.it[/email]
Use a for-loop. If the RGB component is equal to a certain value, set the A component to 0.0. Fairly straightforward.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Thanks for the explanation, Sneftel !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement