Clutching at Straws (and DLL's)

Started by
3 comments, last by Bagpuss 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi, is there anyway to find what parameters are needed to use functions inside DLL''s ? I have the official documentation of an API crawling it''s way to me, but I am keen to press on and prove something. I have the dll''s on my PC, but am not sure how to go about calling functions from them when I have no documentation. Anyone able to suggest anything other than wait for the docs ? tia, Bp.
Advertisement
The export table perhaps? And a good demangler.
daerid@gmail.com
OK, I have my documents now, but out of interest, where can I get a "de-mangler" from (and any recommendations of good bad ones ?)

The export table - I can view that from right clicking on the .dll right ?

thanks .

B.p.
Imagehlp.dll exports a function that demangles export functions.

If you have "quickview" on your machine than a right click might provide a way to examine the export table from a dll - otherwise, you''ll want to visit dependencywalker.com and grab yourself the latest version of depends. It has an option to demangle names too.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
This won''t help if the names aren''t exported (the functions are exported by ordinal only), or if the names aren''t mangled (they''ll appear without parameter information).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement