Creating a Win32-Dialogbox

Started by
1 comment, last by PGmeiner 21 years, 7 months ago
I want to create a child-Dialogbox which is called from a Parentwindow. I use CreateWindowEx() with the following settings: Extended: WS_EX_LEFT | WS_EX_LTRREADING | WS_EX_RIGHTSCROLLBAR | WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME | WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE | WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT Flags: WS_POPUPWINDOW | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | WS_DLGFRAME | DS_3DLOOK | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME But I get no child window, when I use WS_CHILD flag I can''t see that window because the Parent-window is before them. Which settings i had to take when i want a Window which behaviour is like a Dialogbox (like the MFC one)? Peter Gmeiner
Peter Gmeiner
Advertisement
Hi

The WinAPI provides quite some functions to create different kinds of dialoges. I think the one that does best what you want would be DialogBoxIndirect()

Runicsoft -- home of my open source Function Parser and more
WS_POPUPWINDOW & WS_CHILD are incompatible styles.

The docs say:
quote:
WS_POPUP Creates a pop-up window. This style cannot be used with the WS_CHILD style.

WS_POPUPWINDOW Creates a pop-up window with WS_BORDER, WS_POPUP, and WS_SYSMENU styles. The WS_CAPTION and WS_POPUPWINDOW styles must be combined to make the window menu visible.

WS_CHILD Creates a child window. A window with this style cannot have a menu bar. This style cannot be used with the WS_POPUP style.

Look into creating a modeless dialog.

[edited by - lessbread on September 11, 2002 3:17:49 PM]
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement