Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a good C Syntax Webpage

This topic is 5573 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I don''t currently have any Reference books for C that describe syntax. I would LOVE to have a good webpage where I could just put in the function I needed help on and it pops right up. I know that MSDN is going to be the obvious answer, but it takes me FOREVER to find ANY information there =) Can someone give me a link or two to some good (complete) C Syntax reference Webpages? Alternatively, Can someone try to explain how best to find info on MSDN =) Thanks all! ~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Vogel ~~~~~~~~~~~

In my experience, google works as a better search engine for the MSDN stuff than MSDN does itself. Type the name of the function you're interested in and then site:msdn.microsoft.com or what have you to limit the search to a specific site.

By Syntax do you mean like lexx/yac grammars and the like? That can be found with a little bit of elbow grease. Also check the C faq @ eskimo.com and don't forget to poke around a lysator too.

// edit:
Here are a couple of urls that might help too

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/crthm.asp
or this
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/library/en-us/vclib/html/vcrefRunTimeLibraryReference.asp

[edited by - lessbread on September 11, 2002 2:39:03 PM]

quote:
Original post by LessBread
In my experience, google works as a better search engine for the MSDN stuff than MSDN does itself. Type the name of the function you''re interested in and then site:msdn.microsoft.com or what have you to limit the search to a specific site.

By Syntax do you mean like lexx/yac grammars and the like? That can be found with a little bit of elbow grease. Also check the C faq @ eskimo.com and don''t forget to poke around a lysator too.

not sure what lexx/yac grammers or lysator are, but Thanks for the google suggestion.

By syntax I basically meant how to use the function, and what parameters to pass it. I would prefer a small program or snippit showing the function in action as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Vogel
~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe someone else already gave ya this link...Didn''t bother to read the other posts ...neway, here it is:

www.cplusplus.com

Real programmers don''''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand