Charts in MS Access reports

Started by
0 comments, last by Crispy 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi, this is getting way over my head, and what''s more important MS with all its online and offline support is not much use anymore either. I need to create a chart on a report - a fairly simple thing to do: the user specifies a range of years on a form (for instance 2000-2002), and the chart displays info for all of the months during these years (months on the horizontal axis, data values on the vertical axis, different coloured lines for each year). This can only be done statically in Access (afaik) - by specifiyng the ColumnHeader names explicitly (e g "January", February", etc.). This forces the years and months on the columns and rows fields to be swapped, and additionally displays ALL off the years'' worth of data in the database (it doesn''t allow for filters or it won''t display any data at all)... I need the years to be the column fields, which would look fine for Access if I explicitly defined all of the years I want to display in the chart (e g "2000", "2001", etc). I need the user to be able to do that. There is no indication in the docs as to how to create a truly dynamic chart in Access - does anyone have any past experience/good tips what to look for? Surely, this kind of thing is available in Access. Thanks, Crispy
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Advertisement
mmmmmkay... obviously this is the wrong placeto ask such a question. can anyone direct me to another forum/newsgroup that would deal with such problems?

crispy
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement