• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hippie Hunter

C# and DirectX 9.0 or 8.1

This topic is 5856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone got any info on C# and directX? do i havew to wait for DirectX 9.0 to come out before i can do it or is there a way for me to do it with DX8? anyone that helps me has my eternal gratitude.

Advertisement
Just wait. I have a ton of info, and if you ask me thw euqesion on the beta newsgroup at the ms server I will answer - sadly, though, that you would not have to ask if you would have acess there.

No, seriously - wait. It is at max another 2 months - they will be out during christmas, similar timeframe as nvidia, and they might (now, this is just my thought, but I remember this happening before) make a public release candidate or something first.

You can try the 8.1 VB interop objects, but expect to rewrite a lot of code later on. The concepts, though, are not that different - Dx9 is evolutionary.

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

quote:
Original post by thona No, seriously - wait. It is at max another 2 months - they will be out during christmas, similar timeframe as nvidia, and they might (now, this is just my thought, but I remember this happening before) make a public release candidate or something first.

They don''t usually do that with DirectX, there are just tons of leaks in the weeks before release, which everyone installs like crazy, but doesn''t get any benefit from. It''s also the best time for Trojan writers...
So usually, those "public release candidates" aren''t official. (I wouldn''t recommend installing them)

- JQ
Full Speed Games. Period.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!