• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeXius

CLOD Terrain Mapping

This topic is 5933 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey... Anyone know where I can find more information about this? A tutorial maybe? Vertex Arrays and Frustnum culling isn''t enough for my current terrain engine...

Advertisement
A LOD system suchas geomipmapping seems to be the standard these days... It''s easy to implement, and is really fast on todays hardware.

Death of one is a tragedy, death of a million is just a statistic.

Something i''ve been wondering about lately is doing LOD using geomipmapping in chunks, and using a vertex shader to get smooth geomorphing between different LOD chunks - you get nice ''static'' geometry (therefore cacheable in vRam) but with no pop-up between detail levels Unfortunatly i''ve not vertex shader capable hardware so i doubt i''ll get to try it for a while

I understand the concept but I''m not completely sure how to implement it... Do you guys know where I could find maybe some source code to look at, a tutorial, or something?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!