Strange STL problem.

Started by
12 comments, last by Cyberdrek 21 years, 6 months ago
quote:Original post by Cyberdrek
It''s a free country... I''m free to put what ever sig I want. Wether you like it or not.
Nope. This is a privately owned message board; the owners set the rules here.

Advertisement
Nice but did you ever get my problem before. I know you''re a big fan of STL...

I''ve never installed STLPort. I tried installing SGI once; I had a similar problem and I decided it wasn''t worth it (my time is better spent developing tools, etc, than wrestling with installations - also my approach to *nixes). I use a Dinkumware implementation (MSVC 6.0, fixed, or MSVC.Net) on Windows, and the stock GCC (2.95 on school servers) on Solaris.
It''s a free country... I''m free to put what ever sig I want. Wether you like it or not. I''ve never seen so many babies all in the same area...

( boo hoo hoo, I don''t like your sig so I don''t answer... ) Some community...

As has been pointed out, it may be a "free country" but it''s private property (the forum). You''re thus constrained to abide by its rules. Furthermore, a community requires participation and contribution from its members; if your actions cause mass aggravation (and this may sound hypocritical coming from me, but you''ll just have to believe that I''ve changed) then you need to reexamine them. Those .sigs are a major inconvenience to a variety of members for a number of different reasons (bandwidth, excess scrolling, artistic revulsion...)

I saw that you had changed your .sig yesterday or the day before, and I''d been looking for a spot to thank you. It''s kinda out of place here, but thanks for switching .sigs.
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
as has been pointed out, it may be a "free country" but it''s private property (the forum). You''re thus constrained to abide by its rules. Furthermore, a community requires participation and contribution from its members; if your actions cause mass aggravation (and this may sound hypocritical coming from me, but you''ll just have to believe that I''ve changed) then you need to reexamine them. Those .sigs are a major inconvenience to a variety of members for a number of different reasons (bandwidth, excess scrolling, artistic revulsion...)

I saw that you had changed your .sig yesterday or the day before, and I''d been looking for a spot to thank you. It''s kinda out of place here, but thanks for switching .sigs.

No need to thank me... As for the rules, I don''t mind abiding by rules but I didn''t know that there was something about the sig length in it. ( I''ve been a member of this site for as long as it started existing, even back when gdnet didn''t exist as one but as many sites... ). Anyhow, my sig has been changed for about a week now because of the other thread about the long sigs...

Well, back to Linux Admin world...

[Cyberdrek | the last true sorcerer | Spirit Mage - mutedfaith.com]
[Cyberdrek | ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement