• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silvermace

Q3 bezier Tc Generation ..

This topic is 5759 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

does anyone know how quake 3 generates its texture coordinates? im guessing bezier interpolation between the control points TC''s? any advice on this would be helpfull thanx /silvermace

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
The BSP tools should generate them. They''re modified by shaders before actual rendering also...

i prob shulda been more specific, im talkin bout the Bezier patches texture coords ... see in the BSP there only actualy the Texture Coords for the patches Control Points, so how does quake generate them for the verts it calculates?

i found something else out as well (its weird) the texture coords for the control points (almose all of them) are greater than 1.0, which is strange ..

any more help / ideas?

The texture coordinates are stored in exactly the same way as the vertex coordinates - they are bezier patch control points. So to generate the resulting TC''s for the patch, you simply run the initial TC''s through the same procedure you used on the vertex control points, discarding the third coordinate, because it isn''t needed.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!