• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drath

General resources

This topic is 5847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am getting the hang of C++ as a language but currently, my main problem is that I can do very little apart from pure programed loops with input/output on a console app or a pure DX program. These two subjects have info found anywhere, but what I really need is a guide to the various commands I can use using the commands present in the various libaries and headers got with VC++. I have very little clue on how to do many system related functions such as file manipulation (ascii and bin), general input and DLL''s. If anyone knows some good links or information, please post them. Thanks!

Advertisement
For file input/out put, both binary and ascii, look up the funtions in stdio.h, and do a search on google, and on the forums when there back up (the search function). Have a look through some of the .h file's for usefull looking funcions, and experiment in the mean time, while you wait for an other reply.

-J

[edited by - jason2jason on September 15, 2002 11:18:04 AM]

Well thanks for the start!
My main problem is that it is rather difficlut to find info on the web on these subjects. There are plenty of tutorials on C++ itself and DX etc but not much on the files themselves.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!