• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vlion

Moderators.

This topic is 5851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

With school here, homework problems are sprouting like mushrooms. Now, we don`t allow people to post homework probs here, for good reason. What I suggest is that a good, explanatory site for math be found, then all homework questioners be told to go there. I personally use mathworld.wolfram.com, even though it is often too technical for me to quickly use. Thank you, ~V''lion Bugle4d

Advertisement
A good suggestion... Regardless of my preference that students work closely with teachers and fellow students, the web is a tremendous resource that won't go away (I pray). And there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of proper web sites and forums. (The challenge is getting all of the question-answerers to give leading answers that force the question-askers to continue to actually solve problems for themselves, incrementally.)

I actually don't know of a good math site with a forum. Perhaps there is one... If one could be found, I would gladly include it in my bag of standard recommended links, .

I may spend some time digging myself, to see what I can find.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

[edited by - grhodes_at_work on September 13, 2002 5:41:23 PM]

Thanks Michalson. I looked at the Dr. Math (and mathforum general) page. Looks like a good option. I am adding this to my list of links, and I''ll suggest it where I think its appropriate.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!