Moderators.

Started by
2 comments, last by Vlion 21 years, 7 months ago
With school here, homework problems are sprouting like mushrooms. Now, we don`t allow people to post homework probs here, for good reason. What I suggest is that a good, explanatory site for math be found, then all homework questioners be told to go there. I personally use mathworld.wolfram.com, even though it is often too technical for me to quickly use. Thank you, ~V''lion Bugle4d
~V'lionBugle4d
Advertisement
A good suggestion... Regardless of my preference that students work closely with teachers and fellow students, the web is a tremendous resource that won't go away (I pray). And there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of proper web sites and forums. (The challenge is getting all of the question-answerers to give leading answers that force the question-askers to continue to actually solve problems for themselves, incrementally.)

I actually don't know of a good math site with a forum. Perhaps there is one... If one could be found, I would gladly include it in my bag of standard recommended links, .

I may spend some time digging myself, to see what I can find.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

[edited by - grhodes_at_work on September 13, 2002 5:41:23 PM]
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
There''s always Dr. Math at MathForum.org.
Thanks Michalson. I looked at the Dr. Math (and mathforum general) page. Looks like a good option. I am adding this to my list of links, and I''ll suggest it where I think its appropriate.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement