Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombie

Fade (VB)

That''s my code for fade in DirectX. DXObject is my own type, don''t worry about it. But anyway, what should I add to this code to make the picture flash (fade in/out)? I could make a series of pictures and then show them, but I need to keep the game as small as possible. Public Sub Fade(dxo As DXObject, m As SngPoint, transcol As Long) Dim xx As Integer, xy As Integer ''coordinates Dim rl As Long ''color Dim colorDivided As RGBTRIPLE If InsideRect(dxo.sRect2, m.x, m.y) Then dxo.DDSurface.Lock dxo.sRect2, dxo.ddsd, DDLOCK_WAIT, 0 For xy = 0 To dxo.ddsd.lHeight For xx = 0 To dxo.ddsd.lWidth rl = dxo.DDSurface.GetLockedPixel(xx, xy) If rl = transcol Then GoTo zskip ''prevents the change of transparent color colorDivided.rgbtRed = rl And &HFF& colorDivided.rgbtGreen = (rl And &HFF00&) \ 256 colorDivided.rgbtBlue = (rl And &HFF0000) \ 65536 Call dxo.DDSurface.SetLockedPixel(xx, xy, RGB(colorDivided.rgbtRed / 2, colorDivided.rgbtGreen / 2, colorDivided.rgbtBlue / 2)) zskip: Next Next dxo.DDSurface.Unlock dxo.sRect2 End If End Sub