• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l99057j

Viewports in D3D8

This topic is 5760 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a windowing system in D3D8. Each window may contain zero or more child windows. I am using a MatrixStack and moving through the hierarchy and this is working beautifully except for one last thing. Say a window is 100 x 100 and has a child window 50 x 50. This child window is located near the lower right corner. D3D is drawing the entire child window. What I really want is to have it clipped to the parent window. I tried setting the viewport recursively much like I''m setting the MatrixStack. It posisions the child window correctly, but still draws the entire window just "shrunken" to fit the new viewport. I have no idea where to begin. The types of clipping I''m coming up with during my searches seems to be for much more elaborate types of clipping. Is there a simple, to the point way to clip these?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!