• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hippokrates

Software

This topic is 5935 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

At the moment I am in posession of a special version of VC++ 6.0 which displays a message box at the start of every programme compiled with this version. I would now like to buy a C++ Compiler. I am a pupil at the moment and 17 years old. So what would you suggest to buy? Are there any versions of C# or Visual Studio for students and pupils or should I buy a standart version? So where will I get what and for how much?

Advertisement
If you are a qualified student, you can buy VS.NET Academic Edition for a pretty low price. VS.NET AE is pretty much the same as VS.NET Professional, but has some extra academic stuff in addition to the standard components: Visual C++.NET, VB.NET and Visual C#.

I paid around 800 NOK for mine(~100USD).

The world holds two classes of men -- intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.

Abu''l-Ala-Al-Ma''arri (973-1057; Syrian poet)

A fellow german
MS has ''SSL Lizenzen'' here.
For a searchable database of resellers:
click here

At the time i got VS 5 prof. for 200DM.

but don''t hope that it will be fast to get the stuff...first you have to wait until you get the papers, then you have to get the ok from your school (i had to get siganture from my informatics teacher) and then it took 2 or 3 months until i got the software. This was a few years ago and perhaps its changed now, but dont worry if it takes forever to get it.

As soon as uni starts here i''ll order VS.Net too

Runicsoft -- home of my open source Function Parser and more

hmm i just checked some websites and it seems they only sell Office as SSL anymore...so what you want is a ''schulversion''

for example here

VS.Net professional only 110€ instead of the 1275€ it would cost for other people.

Runicsoft -- home of my open source Function Parser and more

Well, Burning_Ice pretty much summed it up.

All you need is a "Schulbescheinigung".

[edited by - Origin on September 14, 2002 8:51:16 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Kazaa anyone?

Guest Anonymous Poster
[Removed pathetic warez justification]

To the "Anonymous Poster": This is a board of software developers, and so its really stupid to start babbling on about stealing from us. Maybe you should walk into a store and start telling them how robbing them is such a great idea. If you really are stupid enough not to understand this, perhaps this will help:
quote:
Original post by glassJAw

[edited by - michalson on September 14, 2002 11:33:15 AM]

@Burning_Ice: Thanks a lot!
Do they display any message Boxes or the likes? Or how do they make sure you don`t sell the programmes (not that I wanted to ;-))

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!