DirectX Movies?

Started by
11 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 21 years, 7 months ago
I was wondering im trying to find a way to use DirectX 7 to load a basic AVI or MPG movie clip into a surface or somthing like u see those cool animations in some games? where can i find ex of this/
Advertisement
your best bet is to download direct x 8.0. The direct show component in directX 8.0 writes to direct draw 7 surfaces. This would provide you with the ability to render avi''s and the like to the screen.
wouldnt i hafta convert all OF MY PROJECT to 8.0 i mean seriously
you''ll have to sooner or later
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Erm lets think about that I Update now.. then Suddenly a few more months i hear OMFG new DX verison is out aand i download that then i hafta update again? I mean seriously ill be gald to update it somone can show me a site with basic source for basic DDraw 8 not 3D but 2D type of programming on it cant find one though..
You still can use ddraw with directx8, dont be afraid. If your code is well organized it wont be so hard. it toke me 12 hours (of lazy work) to update my coustom ddraw, dxinput (the easier), dsound classes.
Where can i find a site on the new functions I techicnaly have dx8 i just am using dx7 lol and i dont really feel like looking into the SDK help file cuz its kinda erm hard to understand if you dont know enough about DX yet
I did it watching the sdk samples. The short ones.
They run strangely and I dont understand them very well in my project im using LPPDRAWSURFACE7 and LPDIRECTDRAW7 and they use stuff like CSurface* and CDisplay* lol

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on September 14, 2002 7:42:16 PM]
heheh, thouse are some classes they made to make things even easier (encapsulating the dxapi functions), it's was funny to see CDisplay and CSurface where very likely the ones I made my self.

[edited by - xaxa on September 14, 2002 7:49:50 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement