• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nextgengamer

OpenGL GE2 file format in opengl

This topic is 5848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone I am looking for some reference into writing a loader for the GE2 file format in maya. I have already written the basic loader (all info inside arrays and such). I can even get the indexed vert array to draw the object on the screen. However, I am having a problem with getting the norms to work. The problem is the GE2 format export normals as an array of normal sources and an index. I don't think OpenGl supports an indexed norm array so I have tried creating a list as large as the index for the verts. So that each time it draws a vert it will use a normal for it. I have debugged my array and everything seems in order however the norms are not drawing right. Well, some of them aren't drawing right. I have found a solution for this but it involves not using an indexed anything. I was wondering if anyone has had experience in this format or could offer some advice on indexed normal arrays + indexed vert arrays. Thanks NextGenGamer [edited by - nextgengamer on September 14, 2002 12:35:09 AM]

Advertisement
Since noone wants to tackle my other problem. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how glDrawElements() refrences the normal array that the opengl normal pointer points at. Does it use the refrences or does it go through them one at a time?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!