• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iNfuSeD

using dev-c++

This topic is 5762 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

kay so i''m trying to learn directx right.. but whenever i try to compile a simple window that has directx includes in it.. no directx code at all.. it screws up. i got the ddraw.h in the includes.. an thats all i point the compiler to where the directx library files are an it still spits back 31 linking errors from the ddraw.h file. whats up? "The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD

Advertisement
Have you downloaded the DirectX for Dev-CPP package, or are you using the MS DirectX SDK?

If you're using the Dev-CPP specific package, then you need to go into Tools/Compiler Options, enable "Add the following commands when calling the compiler", and enter "-fvtable_thunks" in the text box supplied. I don't think the actual MS DirectX SDK will work with Dev-CPP at all, but I haven't tried that myself.

However, if that doesn't do the trick, then I can't help much more, as I'm only starting out with this myself.

Good luck!

Cheers, dorix

[edited by - dorix on September 15, 2002 1:55:35 AM]

you know... i woulda never ever figured that out EVER. thank you! i''ve been eating at this problem for 3 days now. just now did i decide to ask someone an it took like 5 min to find everything. rock on. u''re a genious

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD

and now whenever i try to create any directdraw objects, (copy code exactly from book as is) the program compiles fine wihtout any errors.. but then windows pops up the famed "this program has performed an illegal operation and will quit" message when i run the exe file. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh frustrations. why can't the learning process be easy?

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD

[edited by - iNfuSeD on September 15, 2002 3:14:09 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!