• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shi-no-Mitsukai

GBA dev'rs?

This topic is 5741 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve noticed that activity in this form is a little light, so I thought I''d put together a poll to see how many of you are currently involved with development for the Gameboy Advance. If you want, feel free to include information about your level of experience with the GBA and any projects you''re working on or have completed. I''ve just learned the basics of the bitmapped graphics modes and written demos that fill the screen for each mode (exciting, I know). Next up, I''ll be tackling sprites. Hope to hear from you. -Shi

Advertisement
I''ve explored the hardware with a few demo''s and am now writing a small library to create games from. Currently I''m having fun writing memory managers. :D

Right now I''m working on a windows game but in October I will hopefully start work on a GBA Soccer game. Til then I''ve been trying to read through some of the introductory material and I''ve learned enough to do some kb input and put a picture on the screen. After that I''ll learn enough so I can write some small code library to base my game on.

Raj

Lessee... I'm familiar with all five screen modes on the GBA, and am currently working on a Mode 0 RPG, got it so you can walk multi layered maps, talk to people, open chests, and flip through a very incomplete menu system. I've tinkered a bit with 3d programming in modes 3 and 5, but things haven't gone very far there. That is to say, I've had... well, a flat filled cube rotate around for a bit. Heh. I don't think I have the skill at the moment to make a real 3d engine for it. I've got some mode 7 demos, but I've never tried to make anything of them more than just the one effect.

My next goal? Audio. Too bad I can't make audio myself (I suck at it) 'cause I always feel guilty when I rip sounds from something else.

-Arek the Absolute

[edited by - Arek the Absolute on September 15, 2002 4:33:39 PM]

I''m working on a source level debugger that plugs into MSVC++ 6.0 and I''ve tried most of the graphics stuff to check that my debugger actually works.
When I''m done with that I''ll start making a (driving?) game.

Jasper

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey that looks just like Super Mario Cart!

/Sandman

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!