• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavendish

SkyBox problem!

This topic is 5931 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am doing, my first game, a 3D shooter, bla,bla and I came to the point where I need a skybox. Well, I robbed a game it''s skybox (where it looked great, unfortunately I don''t have the game''s code) and I used those pics in my little game. My problem is that if I fit those textures on a cube(with only 5 faces, TOP, FRONT, LEFT, RIGHT, BACK), I get some strange lines between them. If I get the pics and if I stick them together in msPant, they fit and look good.I believe I have to do something with the code, so help please! You can look at some screenshots and at the code I use at www.cavendish.home.ro.

Advertisement
Is that me or this is a cross post?

Also, I don''t want to be rude but... we already covered this exact subject several times in the last month. Maybe you should take a look at them.

Sorry, I am an user here from the begining of this month and at the begining of the month I started readind the forums and I would wish to ask you to point me an URL to a place where this problem was solved.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Coincoin
Also, I don''t want to be rude but... we already covered this exact subject several times in the last month. Maybe you should take a look at them.

Difficult to find them when the search function is "temporarily disabled". Anyone knows why it''s disabled?

I know search is disabled. It''s because some wannabes 1337 h4x0r l4m3r are abusing the search function. But still, it''s easy to browse and manually find a subject that has been discussed so often. :|

Anyway, I did it myself and here it is : Link

Have fun!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!