• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ds&ddutil.h and memleaks

This topic is 5662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It seems that dsutil.h and ddutil.h has some memleaks in them. I noticed that everytime i ran my program about 10mb of memory was usedup after i had exited, and if i restarted the program a few times the computer would hang. So i started to investigate. After i had commented out all sounds and images the program ran without any memleaks. I am using ddutil.h and dsutil.h to load images and sounds. So i tried to load a 10mb wav file in the PlaySound example that comes with the 8.1sdk. It dident generate any memleak. So i tried to use the directx appwizard to create a new directx program with dsound. If i loaded a 10mb wav file in that project it generated the same memleak. This is kinda strange i think. I haven't tested any further with ddutil.h. Anyone else noticed this and know how to fix it? This is how i delete my sounds and soundmanager:
#define SAFE_DELETE(p)  { if(p) { delete (p);     (p)=NULL; } }

[edited by - olle55 on September 15, 2002 11:12:33 AM] [edited by - olle55 on September 15, 2002 11:13:39 AM]

• Advertisement