• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pixel_Sticks

The tutorials at Cprogramming.com????

This topic is 5757 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was browsing the tutorials on Cprogramming.com as well as other programming sites and i have noticed that they are always a lot shorter than what a book would have on the same subject in C++. I have seen many people recommend Cprogramming.com as a very good site to learn C++ instead of buying a book. My question is, could a person do all the tutorials at Cprogramming.com (21 of them) and then move onto OpenGL? I am of course assuming that everything the tutorial has to offer is understood. So if i understand all the tutorials will they be enough to provide a foundation to move onto OpenGL or D3D? thanks.

Advertisement
Ya i assumed that it was possible but the tutorials just seem so small. I dont know C++ fully so i cant tell if they are leaving important information out or not.

anyone else have any comments?

I have learned everything I know about C++, pascal, assembler and DirectX from tutorials on the internet. So I''d say that it should be possible to learn everything without a book. I have not seen the tutorials over at cprogramming.com, but if you feel like they are not enough you could always borrow a book on the library or do a search for other tutorials on google.com. Everything you need to move onto OGL or DX is to feel comfortable with C++ and if you are able to achieve that through tutorials that''s fine.

Real programmers don''''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!