• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Exotec

Nehe BasisCode II

This topic is 5846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi. i have got a big Problem with Basis CodeII. I want to render my DrawGLScene function, but nothing appers. I like the Code because of the menu before starting rendering. If anyone could tell me how to do this in my code I would be very glad. Please help me. greets Exotec PS: Nehe is ruling the world!

Advertisement
I would appreciate such information me too.

The opengl window displays the nehe text but if I insert the simple triangle code taken from nehegl basecode 1 nothing appears.

Btw it seems to be a good skeleton and I''d like to use it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I havent tried basecode2 myself, but looking at your posts makes me think of that perhaps the texture that is enabled has a black first pixel, thus you won''t see anything.

if you are having problems with stuff that is far from the screen disapearing look for the function gluPerspective and change the last parameter to a large value. Heres what the function does:

void gluPerspective(GLdouble fovy, GLdouble aspect,
GLdouble near, GLdouble far);
Creates a matrix for a symmetric perspective-view frustum and multiplies the current matrix by it.
fovy is the angle of the field of view in the x-z plane; its value must be in the range [0.0,180.0].
aspect is the aspect ratio of the frustum, its width divided by its height. near and far values the
distances between the viewpoint and the clipping planes, along the negative z-axis. They should
always be positive.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!