Nehe BasisCode II

Started by
4 comments, last by The_Exotec 21 years, 7 months ago
hi. i have got a big Problem with Basis CodeII. I want to render my DrawGLScene function, but nothing appers. I like the Code because of the menu before starting rendering. If anyone could tell me how to do this in my code I would be very glad. Please help me. greets Exotec PS: Nehe is ruling the world!
Advertisement
I would appreciate such information me too.

The opengl window displays the nehe text but if I insert the simple triangle code taken from nehegl basecode 1 nothing appears.

Btw it seems to be a good skeleton and I''d like to use it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
LOL, just after posting I tried this in Draw():

glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

and it worked
I havent tried basecode2 myself, but looking at your posts makes me think of that perhaps the texture that is enabled has a black first pixel, thus you won''t see anything.
Thank you for your postings. Now it works.
Big Thank.

The_Exotec
if you are having problems with stuff that is far from the screen disapearing look for the function gluPerspective and change the last parameter to a large value. Heres what the function does:

void gluPerspective(GLdouble fovy, GLdouble aspect,
GLdouble near, GLdouble far);
Creates a matrix for a symmetric perspective-view frustum and multiplies the current matrix by it.
fovy is the angle of the field of view in the x-z plane; its value must be in the range [0.0,180.0].
aspect is the aspect ratio of the frustum, its width divided by its height. near and far values the
distances between the viewpoint and the clipping planes, along the negative z-axis. They should
always be positive.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement