• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real World

Win32 Window rules setup

This topic is 5927 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an app that is running in windowed mode while I''m debugging but will be running full screen when its released. My main issue is when in full screen, moving the mouse to the edge of the screen brings up the resize cursor as if it was on the edge of a window - not what i want in full screen! Same if I move to the top, its as if the mouse is over the title bar. I assume this is a win32 issue and theres just an extra line of code I need. Can anyone help me out? The other less major but similar issue is I would like to be able to turn the close "X" and maximize buttons OFF when windowed. Is this possible Cheers Dave

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
When calling CreateWindow(Ex), pass the style WS_POPUP and make sure you dont pass the style WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW. Check MSDN for possible Arguments.

To get rid of the x, make sure you don''t use the WS_SYSCAPTION style. You may have to forcibly remove it... as in OVERLAPPED &~WS_SYSCAPTION.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!