PCX files???!!!

Started by
7 comments, last by ji yan 21 years, 7 months ago
Can anyone pliz tell me what tool i can use to view pcx files? And what tools i can use to convert PCX files into .bmp files?
Advertisement
Check IrfanView
Good tool for viewing pics and batch conversion.
Here is an article about the PCX image format, perfect to read if you are going to make your own PCX to BMP conversion utility.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rkwee/variousfiles/pcx.format.html

Here is a free and simple utility that can convert a lot of graphic formats.

http://www.graphicregion.com/download.htm

-----------------------------
Valkyrias: Tears of Valkyries
-----------------------------Final Frontier Trader
I am fairly certain -mspaint- can read pcx files.
Pretty much any paint program can deal with pcx files. They used to be one the more common formats in the 8 bit color days.
Paint Shop Pro.

Why would you want dozens of tools if PSP can do it all?
quote:
Why would you want dozens of tools if PSP can do it all?

Paint Shop Pro is not free you know...maybe he can''t afford to buy it.

Real programmers don''''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand

Real programmers don''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand

If you''re ''l33t'' like your username says, you should know there are ways around paying for PSP.

But that stuff aside, PSP has a 30-day trial, plenty of time to convert some pcx files...

Pcx is a neat format to teach yourself basic image compression btw. I definitely suggest following that link someone posted.
Of course I know that there are ways of getting around paying for PSP. But because this is a software programmers forum it is not the right place to tell people that they don''t have to pay for PSP!

And yes PSP has a 30 days trial but after those 30 days you can''t use the application anymore. Therefor it''d be nice to have some freware appz to do the job for ya!

Btw, PCX and BMP are not really complicated formats and it should be easy to write your own converter, so I agree with gld that you follow that link someone posted and try to code your own viewer and converter. www.wotsit.org is a great place to find info on different file formats!

Real programmers don''''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand

Real programmers don''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement