a kinda stupid question

Started by
6 comments, last by ^TeSt^ 24 years ago
i''m not used to making graphics but i''m not working for a team so i have to do the grapics myself.so my question is when i make a move let''s say a "kick" do i have to make the kick once and give it to more then one person.or re-make it for every person i give it to? the reason i ask is because if they all look diffrent does that mean i make the move with that persons look and and re-do it for for someone who looks diffrent
Advertisement
yes... each char in the game needs its own kicking animation...

Great Milenko

Words Of Wisdom:
"Never Stick A Pretzel In Your Butt It Might Break Off In There."

http://www.crosswinds.net/~milenko
http://www.crosswinds.net/~pirotech

The Great Milenko"Don't stick a pretzel up your ass, it might get stuck in there.""Computer Programming is findding the right wrench to hammer in the correct screw."
is there a easy way to clone the moves so that all the kicks,sword slashing,punching ect looks the same as each other?
Assuming you''re talking about a 2D game... Every character needs a separate picture for every frame of animation. So the only way to make it simple is if you want to copy and paste, and then change the colors.. Unless you do that, you''re going to have to draw a new picture for every frame.
If its a 3d fighting game you would ......... , well lets just hope its not a 3d fighting game
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
if it''s 3d, you can easily create an object format that allows you to have the same animation system for different objects, so long as they have same number of vertices at relatively same locations. Then you rotate/move,etc the vertices in the same manner, around the same pivot points. This is assuming u have free time on ur hands to develop such a format and ur own rendering functions...

enjoy your day!
Alex.
i''m not good at making 2d graphics (unless they are very small) so i used a 3d editor to create people and render the frames of my animations, and it was relatively simple to apply animations to several characters.
this may not work for your current situation, but it could qualify as an idea.

crazy166
some people think i'm crazy, some people know it
thanks for all your help,i might try your idea crazy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement