• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uhfgood

Lx Episode 1 is finally on download.com, so please do your part ;-)

This topic is 5920 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, LX ep 1 finally got on download.com, so now I need some good reviews to drive up downloads (:-) Here''s the link http://download.com.com/3000-2099-10142867.html?tag=lst-0-12 Keith

Advertisement
I don''t mean to sound rude, or aggressive, but it would be nice to know what LX ep 1 is...

Why do you need to mention good reviews? is your product not good enough?

As I said, not trying to be rude but I would actually check out the link if it was in a post along the lines of:

Hey guys, My game [product] LX ep 1 finally got on download.com.
I''ve worked for months on it, so would love to see your reaction to it''s gameplay[productplay?] and I do check the reviews so if you put them there I can see them without having to search the forums for this thread.

Tell me a bit about lx ep 1 and I''ll check it out...

The game might be good, but I''ve no idea.

Because it looks like you''ve completely failed to use time-based movement, so the game runs unplayably fast on my machine.

Did Download.com even try it? What are they running, P200s?

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

Firstly I was really speaking mostly to those who know me, secondly, LX Episode 1 is a game of mine and you can find out mroe about it at http://www.uhfgames.com

As far as it being unplayably fast, I did use time based movement, so I don''t know what the deal is with your machine, but alot of machines that are way faster than mine play it just fine. It could be any number of reasons.

Hermit - Your requests are perfectly legitimate, like I said, I was more talking to people that know me, (since i''ve posted about it many times before in here), but as I said, if you would like to check out my game go to above said address, thanks :-)

Keith

If it''s using time based movement, it may just be you''re basing the time off timeGetTime. Faster computers definately have a problem there.

Jim Adams

quote:
Original post by Uhfgood
so I don''t know what the deal is with your machine, but alot of machines that are way faster than mine play it just fine.

It''s your buck, don''t pass it to me!

Every other game I have runs fine, so I''d check for bugs in your timing code.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

Jim, yeah i''m using timeGetTime, although I don''t get too many complaints...

siaspete - what system are you running?

Keith

Well, timeGetTime is definitly the failsafe method of timing the movement speed of your game. I dunno what that guy above was talking about it being a problem on faster machines. The dangerous stuff is using vsynch-based timing, of course... but I probably don''t have to tell you that. Anyways, it runs perfectly fine on my machine, and mine''s preetty fast (1.2 ghz).

- Air

Never use timeGetTime on Windows XP! It quickly overflows after two or three hours.

Use QueryPerformanceCounter instead.

I''m running an Athlon 1.3 ghz, 640 mb ram, windows 2000 sp3, dx 8.1b.

I use QueryPerformanceCounter with no problems, although I''ve heard rumours of it having skips on some systems.

I''ve yet to hear of an "ultimate" timer that works perfectly and accurately on all systems.

Helpful links:

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!