• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thr33d

Screenshots from Landscape Engine

This topic is 5846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, I hang out around this board, sometimes saying a thing here or there. This time I'm asking for *your* input though: I do a little programming in my spare time, most recently I've been working on a little gfx project to draw and animate 3d terrain (heightmap) environments. The screenshots from the last update (nice water + texmapped water) can be found at some temporary webspace I picked up. I'd appreciate it if you guys could check out the images and get back to me on what you think of them. *warning* The jpeg quality is a bit lacking, and does tend to lost the details, but the idea is there. Anyway, here's the url -> http://mjgoeke.members.easyspace.com Thanks in advance, -Michael edit: btw, before anyone asks about the backgrounds, they're just photo or hand pieced together images. I *should* probably go grab some terragen images. Oh yeah, and 2ndly: This is *not* realtime. It's a fully software non polygonal landscape engine. It's programming (for now) completely in Visual Basic, and runs very slowly on my P233. No, the source code is not available at this time. And there is no exe as of yet: I have to add a nice gui for it. ok... that's all, thanks for your time *grin* -Mike [edited by - thr33d on September 16, 2002 10:49:53 PM]

Advertisement
Very nice, good work. The fog/haze atmosphere gives a good impression of scale, that''s important.

quote:

edit: btw, before anyone asks about the backgrounds, they''re just photo or hand pieced together images. I *should* probably go grab some terragen images.

Well, if you''re not after realtime, then why not doing them yourself in your engine ? It''s not that hard, esp. in non-realtime.

/ Yann

Guest Anonymous Poster
looks really nice!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!