glClipPlane

Started by
6 comments, last by schailan 21 years, 7 months ago
hi all, an object of my scene is clipped by a plan thanks to glClipPlane method and is it possible to know if that object is clipped. Do not tell me that if the object is clipped i''m not abble to see it in the scene. thx!!
Advertisement
Hmmm...There''s not really any direct way to do this through OpenGL. You could do this yourself by transforming each vertex to eyespace and testing it against each plane equation, although this would probably be pretty costly if your object has a large number of verticies.

You could do fast approximation of such clipping if you generated a boudning box or a bounding sphere of your object and test against that.
Oh, and did you people hear? MS is rumored to attempt to make all the chips in the next XBOX (2), graphics and everything.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
LOL!

It''s sad because one aspect of that post is not far from the truth. ^_^
MACS CAN RUN LINUX YOU NOOB, GO BACK TO SLASHDOT, LEMMING!

[My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people
[size=2]
I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!! I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!! I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!! I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!! I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!! I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!!
I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!!
I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!! I 1337 you with my +75 triple bladed sword of goatse death!!!!

PS. I Know
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
Gaah! TOo many posts >_<
quote:Original post by Andrew Russell
Love tech support calls. Give me more!

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Reference | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

listen to the the internet service desk mp3 here. The other mp3s are also funny if you''re interested
-----------------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement