• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capn_midnight

Tanks and tactics

This topic is 5871 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

okay, I found a Java programming contest where you program AI for a robot, load your robot to the main website, and then people donate CPU time to run sims of bot-to-bot confrontations. Probably didn''t explain that too well, so check it out at http://www.cfxweb.net/~jrobots. If anyone remembers a game called CRobots, this is the same, except in Java. The problem is, I can''t figure out certain tactical aspects, such as, the best way to take evasive maneuvers, or the best way to intercept my targets trajectory with my shots. I''m not looking for code, the code I can do. I''m looking for tactical principals, and AI concepts. I''ve never had any AI courses, so I''ve been trying to use the power of my logical mind, to limited success. If you go to the site and check out the battle arena, my robot is ''captain''. As it is my first robot, I am quit happy with it''s standing of "Not dead last".

Advertisement
This should give you some ideas. I've never participated in such contests myself, but it sure sounds like fun.

[edited by - spock on September 16, 2002 10:51:04 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!