• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GameDev.Net Game Contest

This topic is 6522 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

At current, the gamedev.net game contest does not have many entries. I assume this is because alot of people have not yet finished making the game so it hasn''t been posted. Outa sheer curiousity, how many people are intending to enter the competition? ~Spike You can contact me at Luke1Howard@hotmail.com

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
What contest???

On the gamedev homepage, go down the collum until you find the community heading. The second option there will be the contest.

The contest is: You must wright a game using the SpriteLib graphics package.

~Spike

You can contact me at
Luke1Howard@hotmail.com

Well I personally don't have the time to enter but I know two people that are (they aren't working together).

Edited by - Chris F on 4/10/00 4:13:47 AM

Thanks for your input. It is good to see that more people have entered then just me and a few other people already in the competition...

~Spike

You can contact me at
luke_howard@dingoblue.net.au

When is this contest ending??? As right now, my other game that I''m writing is taking all my time...

I might want to try writing a game with the spritelib if I have the right time...

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
DLC Multimedia
Two Guys Soft

Sounds like a big push to get people to register that sprite library, no thanks. And the rules are too strict (no teams, must be for windows...), that''s why I''m not entering.

Im creating a game for the contest...and i warn you, it will be a good one!!!

I''m pretty sure that SpriteLib is actually free... at least for non-commercial use. I believe the registration is only to allow the guys who did it to see who''s using it.

Seeya
Russ

SpriteLib is free for commercial and non-commercial use. You just need to acknowledge the product in your game''s credits.

It''s all made clear in the readme file that comes with SpriteLib.

How do I know this? My entry in the contest is a commercial game

I am making two games , maybe you guys can help me choose which one to enter , as soon as I complete the second one Too bad you cant have multiple entries , I bet that would spice things up a bit.

will enter, if i have anough time to finish it.

BTW, does anybody have lik to PREVIOUS contests results, im not able to locate it anywhere on gamedev anymore ?

-kertropp

C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(185) : error C3142: 'PushAll' :bad idea
C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(207) : error C324: 'TryCnt': missing point

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Kertropp

will enter, if i have anough time to finish it.

BTW, does anybody have lik to PREVIOUS contests results, im not able to locate it anywhere on gamedev anymore ?

-kertropp

C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(185) : error C3142: ''PushAll'' :bad idea
C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(207) : error C324: ''TryCnt'': missing point

Thist if the first contest, no Previous results then.

Wow, quiet a few people are gona enter. As for your questions on when the entry end date is, it is 29th of april. All you have to do to use SpriteLib graphics in your game is include your registration number and give credit to ari fieldman( the creator of SpriteLib ) in your credits screen. You must also send him a free copy of your game. Hes not asking that much, really?

~Spike

You can contact me at
luke_howard@dingoblue.net.au

Just a note. . .

For those who are wondering why you can''t download my game, it''s because it''s a commercial product. It''s one of the games in a published game pack that I wrote, so I don''t have the rights to make it available for download.

During the first week of the contest, there wasn''t much interest, so I went ahead and submitted my game just to stir the pot. The contest-meister was gonna put up some screen shots, so folks could at least see what it looks like. There''s one screen shot here. I''ll probably send him a few just so folks can see what it looks like.

The game itself is fairly good. I would have rather submitted Zap Pod!, which is a much better game, but the only SpriteLib I used in that game was the picture of the asteroid.

quote:
I suggest you submit the best one.

Dont know which one is better. Good looking game johnhattan loved the shots. Oh , are you guyz (GDnet Staff)gonna use overnight delivery to send my copy of fastgraph to Texas

Edited by - Tha_HoodRat on 4/14/00 10:01:50 AM

Just played through the games that are up. (Found my Top 50 Blazing cd so I could play John''s game too.

Is it just me, or does the pacman-like game sound like the guy is cursing when you get an extra life? (Not that it bothers me, it was just surprising.)

The games are all really fun. I guess I should see if I can get my entry put together in time.

Jesse

Guest Anonymous Poster
::Dusts off old Mindlessly Running Around Killing Stuff Game::

My, it''s been a while. I''ve always wondered how this game would hold up.

::Looks at Code::

YUCK!, what was I thinking?

If I can find the time, I''ll put up a new, more suitable BETA(Yes, it''s still BETA).

Who knows maybee I''ll win.

-Tim The Enchanter-

• Advertisement