• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spoof

Compiling Direct Input 8

This topic is 5852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been working with Directx8.0 for over a year now and have no trouble with direct3d or dsound/dmusic. However, I began implementing Dinput into my engine last week and the most basic example refuses to link due to the following errors: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_SysKeyboard error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A and dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_Key All I''m doing is initialising the DI interface and trying to aquire the keyboard and mouse as shown in the docs. The SDK is setup correctly and I have dinput8.lib and dinput.lib in the compilation options. Is there another lib that I''m missing, or is it because I''m compiling on WinME instead of 2K? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
I already #define INITGUID in my audio, so I just get a mass of errors if I try to redefine it or add dxguid.lib to the linker settings.

I might be wrong but I don''t think you are supposed
to link to dinput.lib and dinput8.lib. You are
including libs from past versions.

My projects link to dxguid.lib and dinput8.lib
and includes and
That''s it and it works fine.

If you want to define GUID then just leave out
the dxguid lib.

Christopher

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!