The @#$%&*^ Mage Sigs!

Started by
27 comments, last by Mr Bakbugawk 21 years, 7 months ago
It could be worse - someone could use an ad banner as a signature, and get paid for it. Imagine that.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Advertisement
Hmm...

Current Project: OS AIM: Mage91898 MSN: Verde_Caballero@hotmail.com
There...

quote:Original post by Mr Bakbugawk
I am sure by now you have seen these "Mage" sigs. It wasn''t so bad when just one person was using it (I am pretty sure hibiki_konzaki was the first), but now they are beginning to pop up with increased frequency. My suggestion: Stop the insanity! Am I the only one that is annoyed by these things? How about just scaling the image down or something. I really don''t know what can be done, but if you use that Mage sig, please consider discontinuing the practice. Thank you.

Why would I do that? We live in a free country and we are free to use what ever sig we want.

[Cyberdrek | ]
quote:Original post by Cyberdrek
Why would I do that? We live in a free country and we are free to use what ever sig we want.

quote:From The Gamedev.net Terms of Use
1) GAMEDEV.NET (herein "we", "Community") reserves all rights pertaining to the moderation of Community forums.

2) Moderation shall be defined as any activity designed to make our Community forums more consistent with our aforestated goals for Community interaction. The scope, bounds, and limitations of such moderation are at our discretion.

Actually Gamedev.net is a privately owned site, and thus censorship is entirely up to the owners. If it is felt that *certain* huge sigs are becoming abusive to the community then action will be taken.
quote:Original post by Cyberdrek
Nope. This message board is privately owned; it''s the owners'' decision what you''re allowed to do here.
quote:Original post by CGameProgrammer
It could be worse - someone could use an ad banner as a signature, and get paid for it. Imagine that.

~CGameProgrammer( );

Shh... don't give em any ideas...

[edited by - lessbread on September 25, 2002 7:14:08 AM]
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
quote:Original post by LessBread
Shh... don''t give em any ideas...

Too bad this ad is disabled at the moment.

Some of us have simply started deleting those sigs. Please don''t aggravate my RSIs by making me scroll unnecessarily.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement