DirectDraw trouble

Started by
11 comments, last by VGASteve 24 years ago
bstash, previously MS complicated everything, with LPDIRECTDRAW, then LPDIRECTDRAW2, and then LPDIRECTDRAW4 in directx 6. But when Dx7 came out, they decided to be consistent with the version of directx.
So it's LPDIRECTDRAW7 and LPDIRECTINPUT7 for directx 7.

And if you're using lpdirectdraw7, you might as well check out DirectDrawCreateEx. I don't know if lpdirectdraw (first version) has a setcooperativelevel, but I suppose it does (wasn't around then).

Try queryinterface or the createex function, and see if it helps. Unless someone actually knows.

A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.

Edited by - Armitage on 4/10/00 5:33:50 PM
Advertisement
I don't know what's wrong with your program but here's how I do it.

#include
LPDIRECTDRAW7 lpDD7;

DirectDrawCreateEx(0, (void**)&lpDD7, IID_IDirectDraw7, 0);
lpDD7->SetCooperativeLevel(hWnd, DDSCL_WHATEVER);

And it works fine...

Edited by - mussepigg on 4/10/00 4:47:44 PM
quote:Original post by Armitage

bstash, previously MS complicated everything, with LPDIRECTDRAW, then LPDIRECTDRAW2, and then LPDIRECTDRAW4 in directx 6. But when Dx7 came out, they decided to be consistent with the version of directx.
So it''s LPDIRECTDRAW7 and LPDIRECTINPUT7 for directx 6.

And if you''re using lpdirectdraw7, you might as well check out DirectDrawCreateEx. I don''t know if lpdirectdraw (first version) has a setcooperativelevel, but I suppose it does (wasn''t around then).

Try queryinterface or the createex function, and see if it helps. Unless someone actually knows.

You are absolutely correct Armitage, thank you for pointing out my stupid mistake. (I need to be sure I am looking at the the ddraw.h header from DX7 and not DX6 when I start posting info related to DX7. All I can say is DUH! ) My appologies. I should know better. hehe.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement