• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrafX2, free paint program for sprites/tiles/etc...

This topic is 6521 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

GrafX2. It''s really good. Works a lot like Deluxe Paint II Enhanced. It still needs a bit more work to be really good, but hey, it''s free. A lot of demo graphicians use it. http://www-msi.ensil.unilim.fr/~maritaud/sunset Also, as a side note, you might want to check out Artgem. It''s got a pretty cool interface, supports layers, and truecolor It''s shareware though. http://rlvision.com/artgem.html

Advertisement
your know why he''s posting it everywhere? for the ppl like me who haven''t seen the add before ,
i haven''t tried the program though so i''m not making any judgements if what he''s doing is right or not. If the program sucked, then he doesn''t have the right to go around and promote this sucky software, but if it''s a really good tool, why not promoting it so that everyone can use it?

I''m sorry, but that program sucks donkey ass!
why the hell would someone post such a piece o shit on the internet?

just erase this thread before u hear more insults

Well, I liked it since it was...

FREE!!!

and its easy to use, and has lots of functionality for simple graphics drawing. You have to agree here...

I rather use windows paintbrush, atleast it looks nicer than that piece o crap

Well, Windows PB is ok, but its too...lets see..."high-level", if you know what i mean?

This program is nice because you can change resolutions nicely, while in PB the resolution is the same as the current resoultion (1024x768, on my computer), which isn''t too nich when edition 800x600 images, and i don''t want to change my windows res every time i use paint, etc. And i seem to like paint editors that run in DOS, for some wierd reason

ok, i understand what u say about the resolution thing. by the way there''s an option called "zoom" lol
well, it''s just different tastes, you tend to use dos paint programs better, ok noone is gonna stop you. i think i just got used to my paint shop pro so much that i can''t use any other paint program.
ah well, i''m not even a graphist. the most graphic that i had to do was making shapes for mouse pointer for my game. that''s it!

PSP? LoL! Gotta compare:
Photoshop is the best, with NO competition! If you''ve ever used it, you''d know why. It has everything! And it''s easy to access! It''s like the 3DS Max of paint programs, but easier. So awesome. I also like DOS editors. Dunno why. Maybe cuz they get closer to 1''s and 0''s (Basic stuff). Not sure why.

Speaking of the graphix prog, I haven''t used it, but I make sprites in 16-colors in a text editor, so actually I might think it''s cool. What a retarded post I posted... Hehe.

-ZeN

ok, i agree that photoshop is the best, but think of it this way: u wanna make a simple graphic in 5 minutes and finish your program, and u cant wait 2 minutes for photoshop to load (consider i only have 32megs ram) so for me, the best one i can use is PSP.
anyway, it all depends what program u''re used to. i can only use psp and windows PB

So you guys thinks it´s suxs? Well I haven´t tried it yet but I think it´s VERY VERY VERY wrong to tell poeple that there programs suxs. It´s free so what does he owns you?
If you don´t like the program then just don´t tell him anything or give him some advise on how to make it better.
And yes he have post it several times now and that sux. Find the right place and post it once......

//MatsG

ok, i didnt mean to offend anyone, i was just trying to help the people who come here and read the message and think "ooh, what a big ass painting program that should be"

and then, since he has posted this message several times, it means that he''s trying to promote his product somehow (i dunno why, maybe cuz he wants more hits for advertisement?) and i see this my responsibility to tell other people not to be tricked by this guy.

• Advertisement