• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bosjoh

Html/Java question

This topic is 6705 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not a C++ question this time... When you enter an ALT text in the IMG tag, and when you hold your mousecursor on the picture for a while, a yellow bar with the ALT-text appears. My question is: Can you do this with an A HREF link also? And how do you do it?

Advertisement
You can do it using Microsoft''s DHTML - it only works on MS browsers. Or at least I''ve only seen it done on IE.. I''ll try to find the sources.

Jarkko

I found this on this web page, well actually, to be specific, I looked at the HTML for this web page, and found the following code:

my profile

So to make it work for you just do this:

my profile

I think that should work for you, it works for gamedev.net!

Drakonite

p.s. If it don''t work, it ain''t my fault.

Sorry, I messed up there for a minute this is what I found:

replace the '')'' and ''('' with ''>'' and ''<''

(A href="editprofile.asp")(ACRONYM title="Edit your profile.")my profile(/ACRONYM)(/A)

This is what you should use:
(A href="youtarget.html")(ACRONYM title="Your text to popup.")Link text(/ACRONYM)(/A)

Hope that helped,
Drakonite

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!