• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elendil67

It's That Time of the Year Again!

This topic is 6058 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all. It''s time to renew all of my magazines! I am definitely renewing Popular Science , the best magazine ever, I''ll probably get Wired too, but I''m not sure about PC Magazine . I liked it, because it had a few good articles and news, but it seemed to have be more IT/SysAdmin centered. So, what would be a good magazine to get? I got the September issue of Maximum PC , which was pretty cool. Should I get PC World , or PC Upgrade ? I''m looking for a good magazine that has computer news, maybe some hardware articles, some software articles, etc. I''m thinking of trying PC World . What do you think? Thanks! .elendil67

Advertisement
PC Wolrd is awesome. My only qualm with it is that it seems to reiterate the same stupid Windows beginners tips in every issue.

Are there any technicalities about a UK magazine delivered to the US? I was thinking of getting PC World, hows that?

Thanks, Comrade Mikhailson!

edit: mrbugg beat me too it. Thanks mrbugg.
.elendil67

[edited by - elendil67 on September 21, 2002 4:14:13 PM]

The only two magazines I subscribe to are MSDN and Wired. Wired I like, but MSDN doesn''t have what I want anymore. If you like a lot of web-related or .NET related articles then go for MSDN.

The hackers must have gotten into the system through the hyperlink!!

Invader''s Realm

quote:
Original post by elendil67
Are there any technicalities about a UK magazine delivered to the US? I was thinking of getting PC World, hows that?

Thanks, Comrade Mikhailson!

edit: mrbugg beat me too it. Thanks mrbugg.
.elendil67

[edited by - elendil67 on September 21, 2002 4:14:13 PM]

sometimes you may run into problems. A few magazines don''t allow overseas delivery, but they usually say so.

KEEP WATCHING THE SKIES!
My site address! Whoo!
http://www.protienmonkey.tk/

quote:
Original post by Invader X
..., but MSDN doesn''t have what I want anymore. If you like a lot of web-related or .NET related articles then go for MSDN.

I''ve noticed that too from visiting their web site - all dotNet all the time. The last interesting articles that I can recall were the Pietrek articles on PE files back February. Oh well.

Astronomy
Climbing
Rock and Ice
Western Horseman
Outdoor Photographer
Southwest Art
View Camera
Discover
Scientific American
California Horsetrader
Computer Graphics World

What else would you need?

I''m not a fan of PC World. They seem to run the same topics over and over again. I like Maximum PX. It has a little bit of everything.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!