DirectX trouble with Visual C++

Started by
1 comment, last by Zook 24 years ago
Hi everyone, I have a little problem here that is driving me a little crazy. I recently reinstalled visual c++, and after that the compiler has started to generate errors for everything in the code that has to do with directx. However, if I change for example the declaration of LPDIRECTDRAW7 to just LPDIRECTDRAW, the compiler accepts it. But there has to be some better sollution than that, of course. The paths to the dx headers and libs are still the same. So the compiler finds ddraw.h, where LPDIRECTDRAW7 is declared, and still it doesn''t recognize that name in the code. What could be wrong, I''ve not changed anything, just reinstalled. I would be very thankful if someone could help me with this one. Thanks!
Advertisement
It sounds to me like VC++ is searching the wrong directories for the header files etc. Have you got VC++ set up to look in the Direct X sdk directory first. The compiler searches the directories in the order they are listed and will use the first match.

The Option is found in the directories tab of the options dialog available on the tools menu

Hope this helps

Edited by - steveo on 4/12/00 7:12:09 AM

Edited by - Steveo on 4/12/00 7:14:43 AM
Thanks Steveo!
Now it works.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement