• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isowave

Getting a screenshot...

This topic is 6759 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got a demo programmed in DirectX, and I can''t get a screenshot from it! I''ve tried 2 different methods (alt+print screen, and through paint shop pro) but one comes out all black, and the other comes out all discolored. How can I program this screenshot functionality into my demo?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
I have some code that takes a screenshot from a direct draw surface and saves it on a bitmap. I can send it to you if you want it.

Sure, send it on over to me. You can reach me at Isowave@yahoo.com. Now all I have to do is get my demo working again (the way I want it to) and I''ll be set. Well, maybe I''m exagerating a little, because I still gotta get a moveable character on the map, and make a map editor... This stuff is fun. Thanks a lot!

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

I have some code that takes a screenshot from a direct draw surface and saves it on a bitmap. I can send it to you if you want it.

I''d love to take a peek at this too.

int main() {
if(reply.IsSpam()) {
while(true) {
int*ptr=new int[1000000];
reply.RandomInsult();
}
}
else std::cout<< "amorano"
}

*Deep sigh*

Go under my computer , control panel , Double click Directx control icon .Click on Direct Draw TAB , and you will find a button that says Enable PrntScrn key . It is unchecked by default , if you put a check in it will port you palette into the image . This has to be in a FAQ section somewhere.

Thanks HoodRat, that will help out good... I should have known that, but I haven''t looked at the DirectX Dialog box all that much. Do you happen to know much about Scrolling Tiled Maps?

For those who have DirectX installed but don''t have an icon in Control Panel, do the following:

1. shutdown control panel if it is open
2. search your harddrive for "directx.cpl" (mine was in c:\dx7asdk\dxf\bin\dxcontrolpanel\")
3. copy it to your c:\windows\system directory (or wherever where the rest of the system''s .cpl files are located)
4. reopen control panel

Brian

Guest Anonymous Poster
Unless you are using the debug libraries, I really don''t think that would
remedy the problem. I have that option checked and I''m trying to capture
the screen of an 8-bit rez prog, and all I get is a colored crazy screen.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!