the visual C++ interface

Started by
4 comments, last by Moe 24 years ago
I have only been using Microsoft Visual C++ 6 for 2 weeks at the max. I noticed a box up on the tool bar that says WNDCLASSEXA (the box that says it is between the ''find in files'' button, and the ''search'' button). I have tried to compile certain pieces of code that i know are error free, and i get several errors involving that WNDCLASSEXA thing (i have been able to compile some things and get no errors involving it). I know that thing isnt supposed to be there, but i don''t know how to get rid of it. can someone help me here? - Moe -
Advertisement
aw, come on, someone here has to help me! other wise i will probably be messed for some time
I am assuming that it says "WNDCLASSEXA" in the combo box inbetween the buttons, right? That is just the text that it uses for the search or find in file. As to why that particular text is in the box, who knows? Try doing a find with that text on each of your files and see if it looks like it is out of place.

bcj
What happens when you hover your mouse arrow over it?
They all have little labels that pop up if you hover.

ZoomBoy
A 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, Tile editor and diary at
Check out my web-site
Your problem seems to be a unicode problem.
I don''t have the info on wndclass, but I do have info on messagebox:

There is a MessageBoxA för ASCII-code, and a MessageBoxW for Unicode.
and then there''s
#ifdef UNICODE
#define MessageBox MessageBoxW
#else
#define MessageBox MessageBoxA

I assume the same goes for practicaly every structure, including WNDCLASSEX.
Are you tampering with unicode?
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.
I havent been tampering with unicode (or at least i think i havent). I will see if anything pops up when i put the mouse over it (as soon as i get home). I am beginning to think that it wasnt causing the problem and that it was something else.

I did happen to make a simple message box window program using the winAPI. could this have messed things up some how?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement