• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accesing registry without MFC

This topic is 6523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

can anyone help me, currently im trying to make an application for directX(my first attempt) One of the many things ive been told to avod doing is to include the MFC librarys Because of the extra overhead they add..... so what I need to do is find a way to access, write, read and search the registry in a low level way Cheers! Kenny

Advertisement
In winreg.h there are lots of Registry functions.
If you have MSDN, search the index for "Registry Functions" and you will get a list of them. Remember to link advapi32.lib into your project too!

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by CiscoKid5447

can anyone help me, currently im trying to make an application for directX(my first attempt) One of the many things ive been told to avod doing is to include the MFC librarys Because of the extra overhead they add.....

so what I need to do is find a way to access, write, read and search the registry in a low level way

Cheers! Kenny

Duh g tennesee maybe Mr whoope can help!

I haven''t needed to do this for years, so maybe it''s changed - but I seem to recall GetProfileString( ) and SetProfileString( ) (or maybe ReadProfileString/WriteProfileString) back when VC++ was new (version 1 or 2). Maybe that''ll help if you look it up.

aig

• Advertisement