Hmmm...OpenGL is not THAT hard :)

Started by
11 comments, last by Ritual Magic 21 years, 6 months ago
Got to admit that the NeHe tutorials are really excellent! Having blundered my way through the first 10 or so, I''m now on my mission to write the quintissential "Man With Nothing To Do Blindly Running Around a Boring Looking Space, but With Walls to Bang Into!" game! Quick question though - I can use OpenGL to sort out all the graphics stuff, but with input and sound, my choices are..? DirectX or Windows? Or is there a nice little input/sound engine that I could download to complement OpenGL? Any advice appreciated RM.
------------------------------------------------------------Yes. it''s true, I DO wield the ugly stick. And I see I have beaten you with it before!
Advertisement
www.openal.org
www.libsdl.org
what are these NeHe tutorials?
OpenGL Forum FAQ

Check out the bottom of the page.
quote:Original post by gooms9
what are these NeHe tutorials?

Nehe

[Cyberdrek | the last true sorcerer | Spirit Mage - mutedfaith.com]
[Cyberdrek | ]
What the hell? How could you not know what nehe is?

Ok, I would use DirectSound and DirectInput with OpenGL. Many programmers choose to use them these APIs. I belive that Quake dose this. DirectInput is pretty easy to implement and fits nice into C++ classes, that same with DirectSound.
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Use FMOD (www.fmod.org), it is real cool and it is the fastest one.
Sorry about my English -> I''m German
sakky said:

"Why is it almost every time someone finishes NeHes intro tutorials, they feel like the OpenGL programming gods? Its sort of funny. NeHe must have special effect on every one."

My reply (to this very silly statement)...

Where does it say in my post that I

a) finished the tutorials (I said I had gotten through about 10, there are 39) and

b) felt like an OpenGL programming God?

If I happen to feel pretty good about finally getting a grip on something that I have an interested in, then I don''t see why that would make you puzzled? Do you normally feel bad when you figure something out?

Strange person...

RM.
------------------------------------------------------------Yes. it''s true, I DO wield the ugly stick. And I see I have beaten you with it before!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement