Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTempest

Explorer window/button

Greetings, i was just wondering what button type the explorer thing was. You know the big thing with folders and when you click on the folder it brings up the files inside the folder (windows explorer). Is it even a button? For example BS_PUSHBUTTON creates a "push button" and BS_CHECKBOX creates a "check box" kinda simple, i dont suppose theres a BS_EXPLORER thing... (i''m programming in c++ using microsoft visual studio 6.0) "There are no such things as stupid questions... Just stupid people " -Me

Umm, are your talking about the side that has drop down folders from others and also has drive names? Thats not a button, that is a tree view control.

A tree view control is part of the Common Controls package; witch is updated in every Internet Explorer verxion. This package is a DLL, however, you have to link with. Try searching on Google for tutorials on Win32 Common Controls, and or tree view control.

There are many great sites for tutorials on these controls. Try looking for the Win32 API Reference file. This help file will give you the names of the controls and there styles, mostly. The LCC site has this file for download. Just type in LCC at Google and it will find the site for you. Another good site to look at is #WinProg or Foo Your Doos. I forgot the links to these sites but there you''ll likely find what your looking for.