Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlamePixel

DirectX Tutor?

Hello. I am new to DirectX and I am having some very annoying newbie problems. I have looked at many tutorials but none of them seem to work. Obviously, I am the one messing up. Would someone please be willing to spend a little time in getting me started with DirectX. Very Distressed, Joseph E. McIlvain

You need to be more specific as to the problems you're having. Generally people are willing to help you just have to give them something to work with.

Keep in mind the following from the forum faq:

You should make sure that whatever you are posting is relevant to the forum you are posting it in. This includes posting non-game development related topics in the GDNet Lounge.

Before asking a question, you should spend a few minutes looking through older posts or other parts of the site to see if the question has already been answered (chances are, it has).

I would add, read the manual and do a search on google and/or MSDN.

If after that your still having a problem, post it, someone is likely to be willing to help.

Shad

[edited by - ShadowCoder on October 1, 2002 1:12:33 AM]

I have already searched on every search engine I know. I have already posted a thread in this forum about my problem. People told me how to do it, but I didn''t understand. Here''s my problem again: I don''t know how to link the DirectX libraries with Dev-C++, an IDE for mingw. I am too stupid to figure it out myself. Someone please help.