Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bob_the_third

Radiosity

bob_the_third    122
I have been searching the web (yes Google) for a tutorial on radiosity that shows how to implement such a system in code. Unfortunately all I have to show for my hours of searching is dead-links. Do you know of any good online tutorials on implementing radiosity or am I going to have to break down and buy a book to try my hand at this? Thanks.

Yann L    1802
Try this one. Nice explanations, lots of pics and easy to understand. Includes pseudo code.

It''s a tutorial about a simple radiosity gather system. It can produce nice results - but it''s far from optimal in terms of performance. Once you get the basics, you should google for terms like ''progressive radiosity'' or ''Stochastic radiosity'' or ''Monte Carlo random walks''.

BTW, if you are interested, here is the full source of a professional grade PR radiosity system.

bob_the_third    122
Thanks a BUNCH for the links. They should get me started (I didn''t realize my search wasn''t specific enough; ironic that to you have to know something about a topic to search for information about that topic... ). I had a feeling you''d be the one to respond to this thread. By the way Yann, your posts in this forum are AWESOME! Keep it up.